By issuing 89,800 I.T.As Express Entry system had a record breaking year in 2018. In all likelihood 2019 will also be a record breaking year.
Today Canada has a plan to invite 330,800 immigrants during 2019. Furthermore this figure is 20,000 more than of 2018.
The Express Entry system administers visa programs like the:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program;
- Federal Skilled Trades Program;
- Canadian Experience Class; and also some of the Provincial Nominee Programs
In this system regular E.E draws are held to select candidates who score well on the Comprehensive Ranking System. This is allotted to a person out of 1,200 points who creates an E.E profile. It is based on work experience, age, occupation, and language proficiency, adaptability, having a Provincial Nomination or a local job offer beside other factors.
More Monthly E.E Draws
Canada conducts Most E.E draws every two weeks to find the right people for various jobs. The future plan is ambitious and has fresh immigration goals. This requires frequent draws to meet the immigration quota for the year. Furthermore, we can say that 2019 will have E.E draws happening in intervals of less than two weeks.
Canada enhanced Immigration Targets
- The immigration targets of Federal Economic programs increased from 75,900 in 2018 to 83,400 now. This provides a better chance to get the I.T.A.
- Additionally, in the last days of 2018, IRCC invited 3,900 immigrants in every draw of November and December. There will be a repetition of the same pattern in 2019 also. The reason is continuous increase in demand for skilled workers.
- Provincial Nominations are also set to increase from 55,000 in 2018 to 61,000 in 2019.
Low CRS Score
The country aims to reach fresh immigration targets and when we follow the trends of the past we know that there is a gradual decline in CRS score. The same will hold good in 2019. In December, the CRS score for getting the I.T.A declined to 439. It has stayed in a range of 440 and 445 for many draws.
From December end, Canada has made the collection of Bio-metrics compulsory for all categories of applicants who intend to apply for PR. It is a new security system using the facial recognition and fingerprinting identity for stopping any frauds and identity thefts. IRCC dispatches an email containing all the instructions regarding applying. Make sure to complete the Bio-metrics in 30 days of receiving these instructions.
The provision of giving 600 additional CRS points to Provincial Nominees made a fine contribution. In 2018, 12% of I.T.As went to these Provincial Nominees. Canada is experiencing a steady increase in the volume of applications which seek P.N and in 2019 the figures will increase in a big way. IRCC increased the PNP allocations to 61,000 in the present year.
Immigration Target 2019
Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program
Easy to Apply
- Furthermore Canada has made the application process and has also introduced a few changes in 2018.
- A notable change is awarding extra points to excellent French speakers who score 7 bands in the N.C.L.B.
- An important change is increasing the score when a person has a sibling in Canada. All such applicants get 15 additional points if a sibling lives in the country as a citizen or PR.
- The Job Bank Registration was also removed.
- The administration involved is less, and all applicants can create a profile quickly, in the application process.
More Immigration Programs
Quebec joined the provinces which offer the E.E system last year. Quebec has also introduced its Skilled Worker program. An applicant has to submit an Expression of Interest for applying and also meet the essential requirements to get I.T.A.
The province plans to change the CRS for multiple immigration programs also. Thus it is an ideal time be one of the proposed 330,800 persons to arrive in Canada in 2019.